Aboriginal Employment Strategy Development Consultant (Full Time or Part Time) x 2 roles
Indigenous Employment Partners are proudly determined to create increased employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We aim to work with partner organisations to help foster inclusive workplaces and increasing employment and training opportunities for Indigenous job seekers.
Indigenous Employment Partners works with businesses to tailor an end-to-end recruitment service designed to support both the employer and their Indigenous employee.
Job security, job safety and long-term economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is our core commitment.
Come join our committed team that supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Provide HR staff with education, advice and support across the business to effectively manage Aboriginal recruitment, development and retention
- Build and maintain relationships with the Aboriginal and wider business community (including educational and training institutions, job network providers, Aboriginal employment pathway programs) to develop long-term Aboriginal Employment (AE) strategies
- Act as a mentor to others to increase cultural awareness in the workplace and help support Aboriginal employee recruitment and retention
- Work closely with the Recruitment, HR and procurement team utilising various networks and processes to develop and implement Aboriginal Employment Strategy
- Review and contribute to the planning, policies and processes that help create a work environment free of barriers to Aboriginal engagement, employment, career advancement and retention
- Provide oversight to HR Aboriginal staff to ensure delivery of required outcomes and expectations
Key skills and experience required:
- Project management skills and ability to work as part of a small team
- Ability to influence and collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholder groups at all levels of the organisation
- Experience in the management of complex, challenging issues and the delivery of effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to identify build key relationships and engage with a variety of stakeholders, including universities, schools, education providers and government agencies
- Ability to engage with government agencies and funding providers, and knowledge of their systems and processes
- Be recognised as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or have experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and Communities
Please address your application around the key responsibilities and key skills and experience required for the role.
For more information and or to apply please email your enquiries and application to [email protected]
Applications will close once successful people fill the role. We’d love to hear from you, so get your application in now.