Aboriginal Partnerships Officer – Temporary Part Time
- Temporary Part Time
- Band 6
- Building cultural capability
- Greensborough location
The Aboriginal Partnerships Officer is responsible for contributing to the preparation and delivery of a Reconciliation Action Plan in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and the wider community. This includes providing strategic advice and recommendations to Council, identifying advocacy opportunities, coordinating community-led projects and events and building organisational capacity to ensure access, equity and inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The position is responsible for working in partnership, undertaking community education, engagement and development, implementation and evaluation of projects, policies, plans and advocacy approaches to strengthen Reconciliation and truth-telling in Nillumbik.
About the role:
Working in consultation with the Coordinator, Social Planning & Equity, this position works across Council to undertake the following key responsibilities and duties:
- Support the development and implementation of Councils Reconciliation Action Plan
- Provide input into policy development and advice to Council regarding access, equity and inclusion and health and wellbeing outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, their extended families and communities.
- Develop and support internal and external partnerships focusing on Aboriginal community and stakeholder engagement.
- Support the development and implementation of projects to improve access, equity and inclusion and health and wellbeing outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Work with partners to plan and deliver a program of activities that celebrate and educate about continuing culture
Key requirements for the role:
- Tertiary qualifications in community development, social sciences or a related discipline are desirable.
- Experience in developing and implementing plans, programs and projects in partnership with First Nations people.
- Well-developed understanding of engagement practices and principles.
- An understanding of the complexities in the provision of community services in a local government setting.
- Achievements in community engagement, customer service excellence and continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Experience in facilitating organisational change
For more information about the role please contact our Recruitment team on (03) 9017 3371 or via email [email protected]
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and a current resume to [email protected]
In line with special measure provisions in Section 12 of the Victorian Equal Opportunity Act (2010) Indigenous Employment Partners will only be accepting applications for this position from people who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.