Event Manager – Part Time (Fixed term contract, 12 months until November 2020)
Working closely with the Manager Strategy and Team, the Event Manager will take the lead role in organising, overseeing and coordinating this national event, including
- Planning the event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Developing a sponsorship prospectus, attracting sponsorship and engaging with stakeholders with the purpose of gaining sponsorship
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Maintain and update event information, including via websites
- Engage and oversee a suitably qualified and experienced event management company, preferably an Aboriginal owned and led business, to support operational delivery in the lead up to and throughout the gathering
- Manage expenses within the budget
- Maintain meeting calendars and ensure event planning is on track
- Ensure the event runs and is completed smoothly, and resolve any problems that might occur.
Applications for this position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is sourced, therefore we strongly encourage your application as soon as possible. We also strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to submit their cover letter, resume and provide responses to the questions found at the bottom of the application form on Djirra website. Please refer to https://djirra.org.au/get-involved/work-with-us/ for organisational information, position description and how to apply.
Further enquires regarding this position can be directed to Teresa Kyprianou, HR Advisor at [email protected]