Practice Nurse – Full Time ongoing
Rumbalara Aboriginal Co-Operative – Health & Wellbeing Services now have the following vacancy based at our Mooroopna office.
- Practice Nurse
- Full time, Ongoing
Role purpose, duties and responsibilities:
- To provide primary care nursing support, patient interventions and treatment within the Clinic and from time to time in patient’s homes or elsewhere as required.
- The Practice Nurse must work within scope of practice and be responsible for providing patient-centred, culturally appropriate and individual holistic care to patients.
- To ensure patients feel that they have been dealt with in a culturally safe and appropriate friendly manner.
- To provide the highest possible standard of care and ensure that the direct care and needs of the clients are met and excellent service is provided at all times.
- Will work closely with the doctors and other team members to provide efficient, effective professional nursing services.
- Will possess the ability to think innovatively and strategically to meet challenges and demonstrate professional leadership to achieve all performance targets within budget and ensure the provision of high-quality patient outcomes.
Skills and experience required and the following qualifications will be highly regarded:
- Current registration as Registered Nurse with AHPRA.
- Experience working within the health industry and sexual health qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community including issues that have an impact on the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal children and young people, including intergenerational trauma.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work autonomously, within the scope of practice and the work requirement of the role while demonstrating a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to relate to and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
The successful applicant will be subject to comprehensive reference checks and will need to provide: A National Police Check, Working with Children Check and evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination status.
What we offer you:
- Nurses Award – dependant on qualifications and experience
- Salary packaging of $15,900 available for Part or Full time employees
- Superannuation with choice of fund
- Christmas bonus day and NAIDOC day
- CPI increases
- Professional development opportunities and support with CPD
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible work arrangements
- Access to free and confidential Employment Assistance Program
- Potential for relocation allowance
- Please apply today and tell us why you would be the perfect fit for us!
- To apply, you must submit a cover letter addressing elements of the Key Selection Criteria and a current resume to marieta.mar[email protected] or to https://rumbalara.org.au/careers/
- Please view the full position description for detailed overview of the role.
Application close Thursday, 18th August 2022
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rumbalara Aboriginal Co- Operative is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.