Project Officer, Communications (Full Time, permanent) – Abbotsford
- Generous salary packaging options available
- Extra days off between Christmas and New Year
- Employee Assistance Program with supportive, confidential counselling for personal and work concerns
The Project Officer, Communications works closely with other teams within Djirra to develop and deliver a broad range of communication services and materials, and to provide advice on a range of communication activities. This includes innovative marketing communication strategies and content, campaigns, advertising, social media, online and printed communications, publications, and events.
The Project Officer, Communications will manage Djirra’s online presence including the website, social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and e-newsletters, as well as manage the development of materials and publications prepared as part of integrated communications campaigns.
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Manage Djirra’s online presence including the website, social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and e-newsletters, identifying updates and new information, organising the writing and editing of text and identifying potential areas for improvement.
- Research and prepare media releases, speeches and other communication material.
- Collaborate internally to provide expert advice and assistance regarding online communications planning and implementation.
- Manage the development of materials and publications prepared as part of integrated communications campaigns.
- Provide design, grammar and style support and advice across Djirra.
- Develop a range of communication materials and contribute to writing and editing for a range of channels and audiences
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal community, particularly in relation to the impact of family violence on Aboriginal women.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with members of the Aboriginal community.
- A record of achievement in designing and delivering communications material to suit the needs of a diverse range of stakeholder groups.
- Sound knowledge of both online and print media tools and methods to support effective communications and engagement including writing for the web, usability, accessibility and social media.
- Demonstrated experience in website management using a content management system and distributed authoring model.
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice and assistance to project teams and other team members, building internal capability with regards to media and communications.
- Experience working with content publishing systems (highly desirable).
Only applications received via the website will be considered. Applications must include your resume and covering letter and all applicants must answer the questions at the bottom of the application form.
Applications for this position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is sourced, therefore we strongly encourage your application as soon as possible. We also strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
If you would like to know more about the role or about the work we do, please call Teresa Kyprianou, Human Resources Advisor on (03) 9244 3333.