Senior Policy Officer (Full Time, permanent) x 2 positions – Abbotsford
- Generous salary packaging options available
- Extra days off between Christmas and New Year
- Employee Assistance Program with supportive, confidential counselling for personal and work concerns
The role works closely with the Director, Policy and Engagement and Director, Services and Innovation and has a broad range of range of stakeholder engagement with government (State, Commonwealth and Federal), the Aboriginal community and various funding agencies.
The Senior Policy Officer will provide timely and high quality advice on complex and sensitive policy issues and proposals.
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Prepare of clear policy papers, presentations, reports and concise briefings.
- Provide advice and prepare and review reports and briefings as requested by the CEO and Leadership team.
- Manage multiple tasks, timelines and priorities under limited supervision.
- Liaise, negotiate and collaborate across Djirra and with a broad range of stakeholders on the development of policy responses.
- Flexibility to be able to work across Djirra and performing other tasks and contributing to other projects as required
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal community, particularly in relation to the impact of family violence on Aboriginal women.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with members of the Aboriginal community.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of policy and policy responses that affect Aboriginal women and children.
- Experience in policy development and the ability to research, review, formulate and implement policy.
- Good understanding of current issues
- Prepare project briefs, reports, service plans and policy options and recommendations on complex issues
- Build effective relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to confidently argue complex concepts negotiating with tact and diplomacy on difficult issues.
Only applications received via the website will be considered. Applications must include your resume and covering letter and all applicants must answer the questions at the bottom of the application form.
Applications for this position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is sourced, therefore we strongly encourage your application as soon as possible. We also strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
If you would like to know more about the role or about the work we do, please call Teresa Kyprianou, Human Resources Advisor on (03) 9244 3333.